|1. Hamilton Beach||2. Hamilton Beach||3. Black+Decker|
The primary aim of this article is to find the best coffee maker under 50 for all the coffee lovers out there. Coffee can solve anything, and coffee makers are the best way to make your preferred type of coffee every single time. They are programmable according to your choice and brew the perfect cup, without fail.
But coffee gears can sometimes be expensive too. Though multiple budget options are also available in the market, most of them are not as worthwhile as they claim to be.
As we don’t want you to either spend a fortune over a coffee maker or spend on something that will not last even for a day, we have enlisted some of the most reliable choices available in the market for best coffee makers under $50.
So, stay tuned for a more detailed list down below!
Factors To Keep In Mind Before Buying A Coffee Maker
No matter whether you are a first-timer or a pro in the coffee maker business, selecting the best coffee machine according to your preference is always an intimidating task. And it is even more complicated when a specific budget is allocated. There are some factors that have to be kept in mind beforehand-
Capacity is one of the key aspects of any coffee machine, which determines how much coffee it can produce in one brewing cycle. The capacity of coffee machines can vary from a single cup to a few liters. And in case of coffee, it is always the more the merrier.
But as we are discussing the best coffee makers under $50, their usual capacity ranges from single-serve to 12-cups at one run. So, take note of your daily requirements of coffee before selecting the coffee maker. Because there is no point in investing in a single-serve machine when you need coffee for the entire office.
2. Coffee Maker Type
There are different varieties of coffee makers available in the market. Some of the very common variants are Espresso machines, drip models, percolators, and french press. Each of these coffee machines is different from the other in one or many ways. The end product is also different in each type. So, having a clear knowledge of these various types of machines and the type of coffee they make is always a wise choice before making any purchase.
3. Ease Of Operations
There are so many coffee machines which, despite being extremely functional, are not considered one of the bests in the market. A survey conducted about this found that people go for products that are extremely easy to use, along with being efficient. So, always be sure of the convenience factor before buying your very own coffee machine and do check that it is loaded with all those easy to use buttons and functions.
4. Easiest Maintenance Policies
The longevity of any electric machine solely depends on how frequently it gets maintenance. And a coffee maker is no different at all. The better you maintain your brewer, the more efficient it will stay and it will last for longer as well. It is always better to look for coffee brewers that are strong and sturdy in terms of build and functionality and extremely low maintenance at the same time.
5. The Material
The next factor that has to be kept in mind before investing in a coffee maker is the material it is made of. As most of the famous brands build their coffee machines in tandem with the no-plastic policies, you will find most of the coffee machines in the USA made with non-plastic materials.
Along with the outer body, the filter material is also an important consideration. For a more subtle and luxurious coffee experience, try looking for coffee brewers with paper filters instead of other variants.
The efficiency of any coffee maker is determined by two factors- what is the maximum level of temperature the machine can reach while brewing a pot of coffee and how fast. There are plenty of coffee makers in the market that take minutes to brew a single pot, whereas there are others as well that do the same task within seconds.
So, the next time you are planning to buy a coffee maker, do concentrate on the second category. And as far as the brewing temperature is concerned, always looking for brands that manufacture coffee machines with a high-temperature capacity.
For traditional drip coffee makers, checking the carafe is an important factor. Carafes are mainly of two types- glass carafe and thermal carafe. Each type has its own advantages and disadvantages. So, the next time you are planning to buy a new coffee maker, do check the carafe it comes with. The final taste of the coffee depends a lot on the quality of the carafe itself. And also look out for carafes that are dishwasher safe for easy maintenance.
8. Some More Features
Who doesn’t love a coffee machine that comes with some extra features alongside its generic coffee brewing functions, and that too without creating a large hole in your pocket!
So when you are looking for the best coffee maker under $50, make sure they are also loaded with some extra features like automatic shut down, auto clean, water level indicator, and more.
Let’s check out the best coffee makers under $50 online, which will not only cater to all your early morning/ late night coffee needs, but also will not cost a fortune as well. So, let’s begin!
Top 15 Best Coffee Makers Under $50 2020
1. Hamilton Beach 49981A Coffee Maker
A sleek and slender looking coffee machine-there is no coffee lover who would not fall in love at first sight with this Hamilton Beach coffee maker. A single-serve coffee machine, this Hamilton Beach model is completely made up of stainless steel, which is definitely a dream come true for any of the best coffee makers under $50.
- Consisting of a mesh style scoop filter, this particular coffee machine from Hamilton Beach is pretty flexible and allows the users to use their favorite brand of coffee grounds during brewing.
- A decently fast coffee brewer, this brewing machine is able to brew 8-ounces and 14- ounces of coffee within 90 seconds and 2.5 minutes respectively. The brewing speed may not seem so fast at first glance, but for a personal size brewer, it is highly commendable.
- The extremely strong and sturdy outer body is made of industrial-grade stainless steel. Stainless steel not only ensures the longevity of the brewer, but also makes it easier for the user to clean it every once in a while.
- It consists of two different brewing modes as well. The Regular mode for your usual cup of coffee every morning and the Bold mode for that extra strong shot of caffeine for when you have to pull an all-nighter.
- Other than the regular coffee brewing functions, this particular coffee machine also comes with some additional features like automatic shut-off, spill-resistant drip tray, and an additional holder for your coffee mug.
This Hamilton Beach single-serve machine is definitely a crowd-pleaser with all the added features. But, it does have some bad reviews as well. Some users complain about the coffee not being adequately hot and also about the slow brewing time of the machine.
What We Like
- Strong and sturdy built.
- Compatible with different types of coffee grounds.
- Sleek and slender outlook.
- Extremely versatile in brewing various blends of coffee.
2. Hamilton Beach 47900 Coffee Maker
No matter how expensive and advanced your coffee machine is, there are no chances that a cup of coffee, sitting on the hot plate for quite a while, will taste exactly the same as the cup freshly brewed.
To end the nightmare that is stale coffee, Hamilton Beach has come up with a unique coffee brewer machine, which is smart and programmable yet works like a traditional drip brewer.
- One of the best things about this particular Brewmaster Coffee machine from Hamilton Beach is that it can make up to 12 cups of coffee in a single run.
- This particular one does not come with a carafe. Instead of pouring brewed coffee on the carafe and letting that sit for hours, the brewmaster brews coffee internally and stores it in the built-in brewing tank.
- The internal brewing tank comes with an automatic and gentle heating system, which can keep the coffee warm and fresh for up to 4 hours.
- This 47900 brewmaster Coffee machine from Hamilton beach works like a traditional drip brewer where it pours a single cup of coffee every time. The easy to use press bar makes it even easier to dispense coffee every time.
- Instead of being a budget coffee maker, the brewmaster is quite a smart one with different coffee brewing options and other adjustable functions. Brewing strengths like Bold and Regular are accompanied by features that allow you to make a small amount of coffee( 1-4cups). Iced coffee is also included in the machine to cope with your different coffee fixes.
- The brewmaster is also programmable for up to 24 hours, i.e you can put all the ingredients beforehand and the machine will start brewing automatically.
- It comes with a removable water tank on the side of the machine, which makes pouring and cleaning very easy. The removable brew tank is very easy to clean as well.
Although it is an extremely functional and convenient coffee maker, the build and durability of this particular model is not satisfactory at all.
What We Like
- Easy to clean the reservoir.
- No-carafe operation.
- The gentle heating system of the brewing tank.
3. Black+Decker CM1160B Coffee Maker
The next product on our list of best coffee makers under $50 is from one of the greatest names in the world of home appliances, Black Decker.
The Black Decker 12-cup, programmable coffee brewing machine is smart, convenient, and durable at the same time. Other than its generic coffee brewing functions, this traditional coffee maker is also loaded with many interesting features, which makes it a good choice for home and office uses.
- This particular coffee maker from Black Decker is pretty fast, as it can brew a whopping 12 cups of coffee only within 2 minutes. So, no more waiting for an eternity for a cup of coffee.
- It comes with a traditional glass carafe, and the machine directly brews coffee into the pitcher. The built-in hot plate keeps the coffee warm for a significant amount of time. The carafe is also dishwasher safe.
- The name Black and Decker is synonymous with industrial-grade high-quality home appliances that last forever. This particular coffee maker is also made of stainless steel and is famous for its strong and sturdy build and durability.
- The one-touch buttons are also heavy-duty and rubberized for added longevity,
- The sneak-a-cup feature in this particular coffee maker allows the user to pause the brewing process in between, to pour the first cup of coffee even before the process ends completely.
- The Auto Brew mode allows the coffee maker to set a coffee making cycle 24-hours in advance. The coffee maker also comes with a built-in digital clock and display for better tracking of the brewing cycle.
- For added safety and security of the appliance, it has an auto shut off feature, which stops the machine after 2-hours of continuous use.
- The removable brew basket uses paper filters for the best quality coffee brewing.
Though the reviews of this particular coffee maker are pretty positive, there is some negative feedback as well. The average brewing temperature of this coffee machine is not satisfactory at all. The hot plate is also not able to keep the coffee warm for long hours. Otherwise, this Black Decker coffee machine is definitely worth trying.
What We Like
- Viewing window in the water reservoir.
- Automatic shut down.
- Durable built.
- User friendly.
4. Black+Decker CM2035B Coffee Maker
The next inclusion in our best coffee maker list is also from the famous Black+Decker. But unlike most of their appliances, this particular one is most popular for its thermal carafe rather than the actual machine.
With a 12-cups brewing capacity and easy to use functions, this particular coffee brewer is extremely popular among caffeine addicts. Some of the key features of this thermal coffee maker are as follows-
- This coffee maker from Black+Decker comes with a thermal carafe. The thermal carafe is properly vacuum-sealed and is also made of a double layer of stainless steel, which in turn results in minimal heat loss from the container. So, your brewed coffee will stay warm and fresh for a much longer time than it would with usual glass carafes.
- With a standard 12-cup capacity, the carafe also comes with a spill-proof spout, which makes pouring easier and mess-free.
- Another interesting feature of this coffee maker is the even stream showerhead over the brewing basket. The porous showerhead allows even water dispensing over the coffee grounds for maximum inclusion of flavor in the final brew.
- Unlike many other generic coffee makers, this particular one also can customize brewing strengths according to the users’ preference. A separate function is also included for brewing less amount of coffee in the machine.
- A sneak-a-cup feature is also included in the machine, which stops the brewing process in between to fill a cup of the first brew.
- Quick features like auto-shutdown and the digital clock make the machine more convenient to use, along with the quick touch control buttons and backlit LCD display.
- Both the carafe and the brew basket are easy to clean after use.
Though most of its users praise the highly advanced thermal carafe, some do not like the other parts of the machine that much. There are many reviews floating on the internet that indicate that parts of this coffee machine other than the carafe are of low-quality and the overall performance starts decreases after a few months of usage.
What We Love
- No drip, industrial quality thermal carafe.
- Low maintenance.
- Even stream showerhead over the brewing basket.
5. Cuisinart DCC-450BK
The Cuisinart DCC-450BK Coffee Maker is one of the popular names in the market of cheap yet efficient coffee brewers. A perfect choice for personal use, this particular coffee machine is considered the best for brewing smaller amounts of coffee without losing its original flavor and freshness.
- The 4-cup brewing capacity of this particular coffee maker makes it ideal for personal use. For people who like to keep a separate coffee maker handy for their emergency coffee fixes, this model from Cuisinart can definitely be a great investment for them.
- The included thermal carafe ensures minimal heat loss, hence keeping the brew warm for a longer time.
- The carafe is also very ergonomically designed with a spill-proof spout and a knuckle guard, making the pouring a mess-free affair.
- The design of this particular coffee machine is also very sleek and compact, hence it does not take up a lot of space on the countertop. A perfect choice for small apartments or student dorms.
- Though the coffee machine does not come with any other customizable features, it does have a brew-pause function, which allows the machine to pause the brewing for a while. This particular function also allows the user to fill a quick cup in between the brewing process.
- The Automatic Shutdown feature switches off the machine after it sits idle for 30 minutes straight.
- There is an indicator light also included in this Cuisinart Coffee machine, which helps the user to know whether the machine is functioning or not.
- The starter pack of this budget coffee maker consists of the machine itself, the thermal carafe, a detailed booklet, and 2 filters only.
Though this particular coffee maker is pretty good at what it does, there are some areas that need improvements. The build of this particular machine is not satisfactory. According to the most popular reviews of this product, the average lifespan of it varies from 2 to 2.5 years, depending on the usage.
Also, there is no filter included and the users need to buy them separately. Apart from these cons, the compact size and efficient performance makes it one of the best of its kind.
What We Love
- Small footprint.
- Quick brewing.
- The carafe is pretty durable.
- Automatic shutdown feature, which enhances safety.
6. Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker
If there is one company in the United States that has been providing cups after cups of delicious coffee to Americans for over 5 decades, then Mr. Coffee is the name.
Are you unfamiliar with all the complicated settings and programs in a coffee machine, and want to have your first cup of the day without any fuss? For having a good old coffee experience, with maximum flavor and richness, there is no coffee machine better than the Mr. Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker.
- If you are looking for a functional and convenient coffee machine, and that too around $20, your search should definitely end with this Mr. Coffee coffee maker. There are no other manufacturers that exist in the market that can provide this quality of products at such a small cost.
- The coffee maker consists of two main components-the machine and a glass carafe. Brewing capacity of this machine varies from 4-12 cups, depending on the amount of water present in the reservoir.
- Both the water reservoir and carafe are marked with cup indicators for easier pouring. The viewing window in the water tank is meant for keeping an eye on the water level while filling the tank.
- A separate on/off indicator is also included in the machine for added convenience.
- Like most of the generic best quality coffee machines, this particular one also has the Auto Pause function. This function helps the user to sneak a cup of coffee in between the brewing process.
- Along with so many great features, one of the best things about this coffee maker is that it is extremely user friendly and works precisely in 3 simple steps- just set up the machine, turn it on, and it will start brewing.
- Cleaning the filter basket and the carafe is also a very hassle-free job.
- The only con seems to be its non-programmable format. But otherwise, if you are on a tight budget and you need to invest in the best coffee maker under 50, there is nothing like it.
What We Love
- User friendly.
- Pretty cheap.
- The heat plate can stay warm up to 2 hours.
7. Hamilton Beach 46205 Coffee Maker
The next name in the list of the best coffee makers under $50, is a comparatively newer launch by Hamilton Beach. This particular model is basically an example of the fact that Hamilton Beach can manufacture highly efficient and luxurious coffee machines within budgets as well.
The Hamilton beach 46205 programmable coffee maker can give you a feel of boutique coffee experiences, without spending a fortune on it.
- The first thing you are going to notice about this coffee maker is its ergonomic design. The stainless steel body with various plastic accents not only gives it a sleek and trendy look but also makes it lasts longer.
- The rotating base allows for removing the water reservoir from the rear section of the coffee maker, and filling it every time is a completely hassle-free task to do.
- The swing style lid of the filter basket is front open and operates with a small button on the side of the machine. This particular feature is a relatively new and a pretty interesting entry in any coffee maker under the budget.
- Now coming to the functioning of this coffee machine, which is easy and not rocket science to decipher. With two separate brewing strengths, Bold and Regular, the user can choose the brewing amount between 1 to 4 cups or 12 cups, on a single run.
- There is a pre-programmable digital timer and display is also included in the model, for more convenient usage. The timer helps the user to pre-set everything the night before so they can enjoy freshly brewed coffee first thing in the morning.
- The duration of the heat plate being warm can be pre-programmed. And the machine also automatically shuts down when it reaches the 2-hour mark at a stretch.
- The auto-pause function is also a great inclusion.
As we can understand by the reviews and ratings of this particular coffee maker, it is overall a pretty good machine for its cost. Maybe one of the best also! And we also couldn’t find any substantial downsides to this coffee brewer either.
What We Love
- User friendly
- Both the carafe and the filter basket are dishwasher safe.
- Quick brewing time.
- Super quite.
- Rotating machine base.
8. Mr. Coffee 12-cup Coffee Maker
This particular coffee machine model is definitely an outstanding and efficient choice if you get bored with all those coffee makers that takes multiple settings just to make a humble cup of coffee.
With its 12-cup capacity of brewing, this programmable coffee maker from Mr.Coffee can be an excellent inclusion in any workplace or conference room. With generic features like “auto shut down” and “pause in between brewing function”, this coffee machine is definitely a desirable choice among coffee lovers.
- With a very modern and contemporary outlook, this coffee machine from Mr. Coffee brings a touch of sophistication to the desk it is kept on. An outstanding and extremely functional design with state-of-the-art features, this brewer is no less than a dream machine for coffee lovers.
- Another interesting feature of this coffee machine is it’s easy to use operation. Along with generic functions like auto shut down after 2 hours of constant use and brew strength selector, this machine also boasts of features like brew delay and freshness timer as well.
- Where brew delay allows the user to make coffee ahead of time, the freshness timer tracks freshness of the coffee from the time it starts brewing.
- Though the initial packaging of this coffee brewer includes a glass carafe, this machine is also compatible with thermal ones. It’s a versatile coffee maker in true sense.
- The average brewing time in this Mr. Coffee budget coffee maker is also pretty quick. It takes only around 8 to 9 minutes to brew a full pot.
- The built-in water filter is a new inclusion in any coffee machine under $50. This filter is pretty effective and can remove up to 97% of chlorine from water for better-tasting coffee every time.
In the world of complicated coffee makers, this one seems like a breath of fresh air. The great quality of raw materials and the latest technology being used to manufacture this machine make it pretty strong and durable as well.
And as of its downside, there are only a few complaints about minor water leakage floats around the internet. Otherwise, this Mr. Coffee programmable coffee maker is definitely worth a try.
What We Like
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Fast brewing time.
- Convenient to use.
- Efficient and extremely functional.
9. Hamilton Beach 46310 Coffee Maker
The next up in our list of Best Coffee makers under $50 is again from the famous home appliance giant Hamilton Beach. The Hamilton Beach 46310 12-cup programmable coffee maker is definitely one of the best products from the manufacturer.
Apart from being a budget coffee maker, this particular model has so many high-end features. This machine is generally compared with all the other coffee brewers, which are way out of its league in terms of features and price.
- Like any other Hamilton Beach great quality coffee brewer, this particular one also comprises a programmable clock. The clock basically functions in two ways. Firstly, it helps the user to pre-set brewing time and brewing strength beforehand and secondly, it automatically shuts down the machine after 2 hours of constant use. The last feature definitely ensures better safety and security of the machine.
- Other generic features like pause button, swing-out brew basket lid, non-stick heat plate, water level viewing window, etc. makes the whole operation easier and hassle-free by all means.
- But what makes it unique as compared to any other Hamilton Beach coffee machine is the front access water tank, which makes pouring the easiest task to do. The chances of water spilling out also get minimized due to this feature.
- Along with the generic Bold and Regular brew strength options, the “1-4 cup brewing mode” basically makes the difference. In this mode, the machine optimizes all the parameters to make equally fresh and bold coffee, like it is made in the 12-cup cycle.
- Finally the cleaning cycle reminder. This feature indicates when it is time to clean to maintain your coffeemaker thoroughly. A properly maintained coffee maker is responsible for brewing the best quality of coffee for the longest time. So, this is a helpful feature if you want your coffee maker to last for years.
With respect to the advantages this coffee maker has, the drawbacks seem very minor. Some people complain about the coffee taken out in the middle of the brewing process, which seems on the warmer side rather than being optimally hot. Otherwise, this Hamilton Beach coffee machine is sort of a perfect one to invest in if you have a budget of $50 for a coffee maker.
What We Like
- The front access to the water reservoir.
- Cleaning cycle reminder.
- The slender and sophisticated design.
10. AmazonBasics 5-cup Coffee Brewer
In the world of luxurious home appliance manufacturers like Hamilton Beach, or Balack+Decker, brands like Amazon Basics also exist, which do not add any feature to the product just for the sake of it or just to inflate the pricing, and rely on simplicity. So, the next coffee maker model in our list is from Amazon Basics, which is basic, yet extremely functional and good quality.
Moreover, the pricing is also on the more affordable side. The amazon basics 5-cup coffee maker follows the traditional drip technology. The sole objective of this particular machine is to brew the best quality coffee every single time, and that too without any significant fuss or mess.
- The features list of this coffee maker is very short and sweet.
- With the total capacity of brewing 5 cups of coffee at a single go, this particular brewer is the best for personal uses. This can be a perfect inclusion in a family of two or even in a college dorm.
- The design of this coffee brewer is pretty simple and compact. It depicts exactly what is in its name-a basic yet functional utility appliance. With a modern and compact design, this does not take a lot of counter space.
- Operating this coffee machine is pretty easy as well. Just fill the filter with some coffee grounds, pour water in the tank, and Voila!
- Your coffee will be ready within minutes.
- The mesh filter is washable and reusable for the longest period of time. The reusable mesh filter makes the whole coffee brewing process economical in the true sense.
- Last but definitely not least among all is its auto-pause feature. Whenever you remove the carafe from the heat plate during the brewing process, the machine automatically stops the flow. This particular feature ensures low to no dripping during the brewing process.
Now, there are so many customers who will complain about the machine being too basic or lacking any advanced features like brew strength selector or auto shut-off. But, this coffee machine from Amazon Basics is one of those very few that does best what it is supposed to. So, do give it a try and I guarantee, you will not be disappointed.
What We Like
- Reusable filter.
- Best tasting coffee every time.
- User-friendly operation.
- Small and compact design.
- Value for money.
11. Mr.Coffee Simple Brew 4 Cup
Whenever I recommend a small capacity coffee maker to any of my friends, the first question bumps up against is, “why invest in a small one, when we can get more coffee at the same price?” Small-capacity coffee makers are faster and easier to operate by all means. So, when there are only two of you living in a house, why invest in a 12 cup machine to get your coffee fix!
Small capacity machines will not make you wait long and you can have the fun of tasting the best coffee at a more affordable cost. Hence, Mr. Coffee 4 Cup Drip Coffee Machine is the next inclusion in our list of best coffee makers under $50.
- Just like the Amazon basics coffee machines we reviewed earlier, this particular one from Mr. Coffee is also a non-programmable coffee machine with the simplest of functions.
- Just pour some coffee ground in the filter basket, fill the water tank, and your tastiest coffee will be ready within minutes, just with the click of a single button.
- The distinct feature of this coffee machine has to be the “Grab-A-Cup” one. This feature allows the user to get a cup of freshly brewed coffee even before the brewing process ends. Once you replace the carafe again on the heat plate, the machine automatically starts brewing.
- Along with its efficient brewing techniques, Mr. Coffee’s small size coffee machines require a paper filter to extract more flavor from the coffee grounds. You can have a luxurious coffee experience with each cup.
- Like any generic coffee machine, the Mr. Coffee one also has a viewing window on both sides of the reservoir to keep an eye on the water level inside. This viewing window prevents over-pouring while filling it.
- The non-stick heat plate is rust-resistant and can keep the carafe warm for an hour or so.
Apart from being the simplest coffee maker sans any brew selector or other advanced features like auto shutdown and pre-set programs, this Mr. Coffee Small Coffee Maker is considered one of the best in the market. Especially for beginners, who never tried their hands on coffee machines before- these small-sized, simple ones are indeed the best option to get used to.
What We Like
- Perfect for small countertops.
- The glass carafe is dishwasher safe.
- Simple and hassle-free to use.
12. Bayka French Press Coffee Maker
Completely different from all the other drip coffee makers we have discussed till now in this list,
the next inclusion is a french press coffee maker from Bayka. Bayka French Press is more of a manual style coffee maker as compared to the drip machines. It consists of a plunger with various screen filters, which press optimally hot water through ground coffee to extract most of the flavors from the ground.
Simply put, a french press basically works like a filter machine. Now, let’s check out some of the distinct features of this machine which is one of the best coffee makers under 50.
- Built-in trademark cylindrical shape, Bayka uses high quality and industrial grade 304 stainless steel to make all the major components of this coffee maker. Hence, with this particular coffee maker, say no to weird tasting coffee, infused with plastic or cheap metal flavors.
- This particular coffee maker also comes in three different sizes- 21oz, 34oz, and 50oz. So, take note of your daily requirement of coffee and select the size variant accordingly.
- Now coming to the main feature of this particular french press machine, i.e. the state-of-the-art filtration system. Equipped with a 4-layer filtration system, both the fine mesh filters and the porous one are also made of great quality stainless steel, resulting in a smooth, strong, and flavorful cup of coffee each and every time, without any coffee grounds present in the liquid.
- The french press is also double-walled and vacuum sealed like thermal carafes. This unique build of the machine keeps the outside cool to touch, while the inside liquid remains hot for hours. Due to minimize heat transfer, this Bayka French press can keep the brewed coffee hot for up to 3 hours.
- The ergonomically designed spout is longer than usual french press machines and it makes the pouring process a complete mess-free affair. A spout marker is also imprinted on the french press lid for the best sealing of the pitcher.
French press machines are manually operated and take a lot more time to brew coffee than the drip machines. Yet, they are considered one of the traditional styles of coffee brewing. The coffee brewed in the traditional french press method is much more flavorful and delicious than other variants.
Moreover, as they are very small in size and do not require electricity to start operation, you can take it wherever you want- to your office, to the gym, to vacation, and even to your trekking and hiking adventures.
What We Like
- Brews best-tasted coffee.
13. Mixpresso 2-in-1 Coffee Maker
Are you tired of searching for a suitable single cup coffee maker, which will not let you down in terms of design and functionality and is also pocket friendly? Then try Mixpresso’s Ultimate 2-in-1 Single-Serve Coffee Maker.
A small and compact coffee maker, this is highly efficient and worth the purchase in spite of its small capacity. It comes under $25. A true steal deal!
- It is a pretty straightforward coffee maker with a minimalistic approach in terms of both design and functionality. Being a non-programmable one, this Mixpresso coffee machine is doing what it is supposed to do best i.e. making delicious coffee.
- In terms of design and build, this single-serve coffee machine is simple, lightweight, portable, and extremely ergonomic. The compact design makes this coffee maker a perfect choice for small spaces like office desk, dorm rooms, and even small apartment kitchens.
- One of the stand-out features for this coffee maker is that the packaging is equipped with a travel-friendly coffee tumbler for the ones who are always in a rush. The 14oz mug is manufactured with great quality stainless steel with a specialized rubber grip, which makes it the perfect travel companion by all means.
- Are you someone who often forgets to shut down their coffee machine before going out of the house? If yes, then this appliance is the solution to your problem. This mixpresso machine is equipped with a smart “auto shut down” feature, which automatically does the job, once the machine sits idle for some time.
- There is no need for using paper filters in this coffee machine, as it comes with the mesh style reusable ones. This makes the machine more economically feasible to use.
Along with the good sides, there are some aspects of the machine that can be improved. Like the plastic housing, which is not as durable as it should be. The water reservoir can accommodate 14oz of water only. So you have to refill the machine every time you want a cup.
But for those coffee aficionados who like to indulge in their precious drink even on the go, this Mixpresso one is definitely a worth try.
What We Like
- Travel mug
- Low maintenance
- Easy to use.
14. Posame 12-cup Coffee Machine
Though the brand Posame is not as well-known and popular like the other coffee machine giants like Hamilton Beach and Mr.Coffee, there are definitely some good sides about their products, which helps the brand make it to our list of the best coffee makers under $50.
Considered as one of the cheapest coffee machines of the programmable type, this machine is efficient, durable and also loaded with multiple features for more convenient usage.
- Though the capacity of this particular programmable coffee maker from Posame is mentioned to be 12 cups, the 1.6 QT glass carafe can hold up to 15 cups of coffee. Impressive isn’t it? The more amount of coffee your machine can brew, the more caffeine you will get in every cup. And that too at the same cost. This one single feature can make this a dream coffee machine for any coffee lover, any day.
- Now coming to the individual features of it; like any other generic drip-coffee machine, this one is also equipped with an anti-drip pause and pour feature. With this particular feature, the user can sneak a mug even before the machine stops brewing. So no more waiting for all the 15 cups to get brewed before getting your coffee fix.
- The heat plate is also made of non-stick material and is resistant to any types of rust and other deposits. It also has the ability to stay warm for up to 2 hours to keep the coffee in the carafe hot and fresh.
- Built-in automatic shut down feature switches off the machine after 2 hours of constant use to ensure the safety and security of the appliance.
- There is a clear water viewing window present on the side of the water reservoir, which not only helps to check the water level frequently but also makes filling a mess-free affair.
We have gone through a lot of reviews of this coffee maker from Posame to get a clear picture of how users are feeling after using this machine. From the reviews, it seems that most of the users are extremely satisfied by the functioning of the coffee maker. Some of them are also very excited about the pre-set digital clock, by which they can set the next brewing cycle beforehand.
The only possible drawback of this coffee machine is that the coffee is not optimally hot after the brewing process. But one way or another, this coffee maker from Posame is definitely worth all the money spent on it and it is a great try indeed.
What We Like
- It can make up to 15 cups.
- Strong and sturdy built.
- Easy to maintain.
15. Sunvivi Single Cup
Finally, we have come to the end of our product review list. Last but definitely not the least inclusion in our list of best coffee makers under $50 is again, from a good but not so popular manufacturer, Sunvivi.
Many of you may not be familiar with this name, but Sunvivi manufactures some of the best coffee makers in the market, especially those single-serve ones. One of the best single-serve coffee makers from the manufacturer is the product we are about to discuss here. So, let’s check it out.
- Being a single-serve coffee machine, this particular one from Sunvivi can brew up to 14oz of coffee on a single go. To coordinate with the final brewing capacity, the water reservoir is also capable of holding 6oz to 14oz of liquid.
- Though this is a very small capacity machine, it also incorporates two types of filter baskets for more convenient usage of it. The user can choose between the removable mesh style filter basket or the cup pod for using ground coffee and K-cups respectively. This particular feature is undoubtedly very uncommon in budget coffee machines.
- The average brewing time of this coffee maker is also very less. Just pour some water, fill in the coffee basket and your first cup of the day will be ready in 3 minutes.
- Now coming to the design of this particular model; like any other single-serve machine, this particular one is also very compact and lightweight. Hence, one can take it to office trips and vacations as well.
- The minimalist size of this Sunvivi Coffee machine makes it a perfect choice for small space use like office desks, dorms, and hostel rooms, etc.
The reviews of this particular coffee maker are also on the positive side, like most of the others from the list. This particular model is also available in multiple color variations, a bit of a change to the usual monochrome palette of most of the machines available. Users also praise the “not so frequent” maintenance process of this coffee maker. It is absolutely okay to brush and wipe the filter cups once in two months.
What We Love
- Compatible with both coffee grounds and k-cups.
- Multiple color options available.
Reasons To Invest In A Coffee Maker On The First Place
If you are still in the dilemma and thinking whether to invest in a coffee maker or not, then this section of this article is here to guide you through the tough choice. With today’s fast paced life, this small and humble home appliance has proven to be the necessity of many people. Especially those who can’t simply get off the bed and start their day without a cup of freshly brewed coffee.
But even other than that, there are some ground advantages of coffee makers, which is enough to convince anybody to get one. Let’s check them out!
Making a perfect cup of coffee manually is not an easy task. Especially when you just got up from the bed or about to pull an all-nighter. You need to scoop out all the necessary ingredients, cream them together, add water-ughh! Too much work to do just for a single cup.
On the other hand, making coffee in a machine is easy. Just fill water, put in the coffee grounds, and your delicious cup will be ready within minutes. Coffee makers are the best if you want to save all your time and effort while making a cup of coffee.
If you are one of those regular visitors to all the famous coffee joints, you will definitely notice that a humble cup of coffee does not at all come cheap in there. If you compare the cumulative amount you spend on coffee shops in a month with the amount it will take to make the same quality coffee at home, you will see a huge difference.
Why should you go to a coffee shop, when you can have the same flavorful coffee experience at your home and that too at a much cheaper rate?
You are one of those coffee aficionados who likes to have a specific cup of self brewed coffee, first thing in the morning. There is a fix for this when you are at your home or even in your city.
But what about vacation times? Mostly those where the hotel room does not include a coffee maker! Here come the small coffee makers to your service! Small coffee makers are compact and lightweight. You can easily pack them in your luggage and take them wherever you go.
Investing in a coffee maker is like opening your very own cafe. With proper exposure to different blends and flavors of coffee, you can easily experiment with those, like a real barista. Mixing two or more of your favorite coffee flavors and making your very own unique one is also possible when you have your own coffee machine.
Coffee makers are not only brewing the best quality coffee on a budget, but also they are known for their neat and fuss-free operation. Most of the advanced coffee machines are equipped with anti-drip and anti-spillage technologies, which leads to a pure coffee experience without any carpet stains or need for frequent cleaning of all the utensils used in coffee making.
Another good thing about coffee makers is that they are low maintenance. Periodic cleaning of the filter baskets and the water reservoir is enough to keep the machine going for long. And as most of the carafes are dishwasher safe, cleaning them on a regular basis is not even that hard.
Our primary objective is to provide you with all the necessary information about budget coffee makers. To end that , we included a list of the most reliable ones within the predetermined budget. I hope that I have fulfilled the original purpose of writing this article and curated all the important information for further use.
Buying a coffee machine online is not an easy task to do when there are multiple options available, some not even worth their prices. In this article, we have enlisted 15 best coffee makers under $50, which are not only efficient but definitely worth every penny spent on them.
Hopefully, the article will help you to understand all the necessary aspects of buying a coffee machine under 50. I wish you a great coffee experience ahead!